On this page, you will find many of the OLW forms, deadlines, etc that come in our weekly newsletter, Monday Memos.
Friday, October 29th Halloween Parade and Costumes
The Halloween Parade will take place around 1:15pm.
BOTH elementary and middle school students may dress up in costumes which must follow the guidelines below.
– Students should wear their costumes to school. Students need to wear approved styles of facial masks under their costume masks.
– Costumes should be fun, simple and appropriate for the school setting.
– Students may not wear costumes related to violence, weapons, blood, or that lack modesty.
– As always safety is a priority. Please keep this in mind while making costume choices. Students need to be able to move freely throughout the day. Make sure that your child is wearing comfortable, appropriate shoes during the day. They can change shoes before the parade if necessary.
– To allow for a more conducive learning environment in the morning, students in the elementary building should not wear face paint and must wait until before the parade to put on any masks or accessories that may accompany their costume. Any type of hair coloring should be applied before coming to school.
– Face paint may be used in moderation throughout the day for Middle School students.
– Masks that cover the full face or head should only be worn during the parade and needs to be worn over their facial masks.
Bakers Needed! for the Cake Walk during Trunk or Treat
Adult Volunteers also needed for Trunk or Treat – there will be student helpers but adults are also needed to make things run smoothly!
UPCOMING SUPPER CLUB EVENTS:
Tuesday, October 19 from 4:00pm-8:00pm:
Chipotle Mexican Grill 1211 Golf Rd in Rolling Meadows. Mention “OLW” and 33% of all proceeds come back to us.
Wednesday, November 10 from 5:00-m-8:00pm:
Portillos 1900 Golf Rd in Rolling Meadows.
TRUNK OR TREAT – a new FSA Fundraising event for school, parish and neighborhood families
Saturday, October 23, 2-4:30pm in the OLW parking lot
Trick or treaters – $5/costumed child up to age 16
SPONSORS NEEDED – $100/trunk – hand out candy and anything promoting your business
Family Trunks – free
IF YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT FROM SCHOOL: Whenever a student, preschool-8th grade is absent from school his/her parent or guardian is expected to telephone the school at (847) 255-0050 to report the absence. Calls should be made between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Calls will be answered by the school voicemail system (elementary or middle school). Please indicate your name, the student’s name, homeroom teacher or room number, and the reason for absence. For accuracy sake verbal messages from siblings or e-mails regarding an absence will not be accepted. If a student has been marked absent by his or her homeroom teacher and no call has been received, the school will ordinarily contact a parent at home or at work to verify the child’s whereabouts. Failure of parent/guardian to cooperate with the school in this procedure may jeopardize the safety of your child.
ABSENTEE HOMEWORK REQUESTS:
– Requests for elementary school homework assignments should be given at the attendance call.
– Homework requests for 6th, 7th and 8th graders may be found on “google classroom“.
CORE is returning!
C.O.R.E. is an after-school enrichment program offering OLW students additional opportunities to stimulate their mind and spirit. C.O.R.E.’s mission is to support fun and unique learning opportunities for students while giving teachers the chance to share special knowledge and skills.
Classes will be offered this fall for 8 weeks – Thursday’s September 30th – November 18th from 3:15 – 4:15 PM.
Pick from the following classes:
Chess (K-5th) – use course code OLW9.30.21C – early bird price is $106.00
S.T.E.A.M. (K-5th) – course code OLW9.30.21S – early bird price is $122.00
Smart Start Art (K-3rd) – course code OLW9.30.21A – early bird price is $106.00
Please register by 10pm PST on 9/22 for the early bird price.
If you have difficulty registering, please contact Afterschool Enrichment Solutions at 847-482-9999 or email@example.com
You can help our school while you shop at Amazon or when using the Amazon app. Simply follow the instructions below to select “OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE Parish & SCHOOL” as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They’ll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features
3. Select “OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE Parish & SCHOOL” as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
Don’t Forget to Shop With Scrip to earn easy money for OLW:
Place your order: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/
STEP 1: CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
Please email Ashley Romanacce at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Lang email@example.com for OLW’s personalized school code needed to sign up/register.
STEP 2: Visit school website for all instructions
Access the new Our Lady of the Wayside Directory now (Membership Toolkit)