Our Lady of the Wayside School has proudly educated students since 1954. Since that time, the objectives of the school remain unchanged: to provide a quality education that prepares our students for high school and instills in each of them an understanding of Christian philosophy and the tenants of the Catholic Faith.
Make a donation to the Endowment Fund
The OLW School Endowment Fund was established in 1999 by the School Advisory Board to perpetuate, partially support and uphold the educational work of OLW School. This includes, but is not limited to:
– supporting the operation and maintenance of, and capital improvements to OLW School;
– providing enrichment of school faculty and staff;
– promoting and funding educational programs and curriculum enhancements;
– financing student scholarships.
The Endowment Fund ensures that OLW School will continue to provide and foster a top quality Catholic educational program for Preschool through Eighth Grade.
The Endowment Fund is a permanent fund that holds its principal forever. That principal amount is invested for the benefit of the OLW; only the interest earned may be used. The balance for the Endowment Fund at the end of the 2021-2022 fiscal year was $785,437.72.
The goal, however, is to reach $1MM. This will allow an annual disbursement to the school. Contributions to the Endowment are accepted at any time and are tax deductible.
Benefits of Supporting the OLW School Endowment Fund
– Donations are tax-deductible according to IRS regulations
– Donations avoid capital gains taxes on long-term, highly appreciated assets
– The donor has the ability to fund at death with an estate gift or designation in a will
– Funds are invested in accordance with the generally accepted, professional investment practices.
– Donors are supporting continuing Catholic education specifically at Our Lady of the Wayside School
Donors are welcome to schedule a visit to the school to view the facilities and visit with staff and students. Donors may remain anonymous.
The balance for the Endowment Fund at the end of the 2021-2022 fiscal year was $785,437.72. The goal, however, is to reach $1MM. This will allow an annual disbursement to the school.