Our Lady of the Wayside School is operated under the auspices of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a corporation sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago. OLW admits students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in this school. OLW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, loan programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Current families and active OLW parishioners have priority on any available spaces in preschool through 8th grade.
To begin the registration process, please complete the OLW Registration Form and also provide the following:
- a certified birth certificate issued by the county/state (not by the hospital)
- a baptismal certificate
- cash, check, or money order for the $150 per student registration fee*
The State of Illinois requires documentation of the following:
- a physical exam by a licensed physician in Illinois, as well as a record of updated immunizations for all students entering school for the first time (including preschoolers), kindergartners and sixth graders BEFORE the first day of the current school year.
- an oral health examination by a licensed dentist in Illinois for all kindergartners, 2nd graders, and 6th graders due by May 15th of the current school year.
- a complete vision exam by a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist in Illinois for students entering an Illinois school for the first time (not including preschoolers) and all kindergartners due no later than October 15th of the current school year.
*Your registration fee will only be refunded in the event that you move out of town or are unable to secure a position in our school.
2020-2021 registration guidelines and upcoming events
2020-2021 Registration Information Sheet
REGISTRATION new form signature
2020-2021 PK and K sessions info
2020-2021 TUITION and FEES Preschool