Reading Challenge, supply lists, 2020-21 calendar – it’s all here!
Introducing our first whole school WILDCAT READING CHALLENGE! This is for entering Kindergarten through entering 8th graders. Everyone can get involved and challenge themselves to read this summer! This is to replace the typical summer reading assignments.
WHAT IS IT?
Each grade will work together to read more pages than other grades in their competition.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– Once you reach one of your target pages read/or pages read to you, record it on a Reading Record Sheet . You can print off your own or there will also be some in the Wildcat Reading Challenge cooler outside the Mitchell entrance. If you are out of town or unable to print or pick up the recording sheets, you can scan the sheet, or send information required to Mrs. Hoeper at email@example.com
– If you don’t reach your target in 2 weeks, just keep reading and turn in your sheet the following week.
– Fill out the sheet completely with first and last name, grade entering and date.
– Turn these sheets into the Wildcat Reading Challenge cooler by the entrance on Mitchell St.
– Each tracking period is 2 weeks. Turn in your sheets anytime by these Fridays at 3pm: July 3rd, July 17th, July 31st and August 14th.
– You can turn them in at any time during the two week period and you can also turn in multiple sheets too. But don’t wait until the end to turn everything in!
– Charts tracking the grade level competitions will be hung in the front windows on Mitchell St. and will be updated on Monday of every other week.
– Challenge ends Friday August 14th.
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
Every student that participates will be recognized with a certificate and a shout out.
Each winning grade (within each category below) will win a whole grade No Uniform Day and an ice cream treat.
In addition, the boy and girl in every grade that reads the most during the challenge will receive a NUT card.
Grade Level Competition Groups Reading Targets
Grades K-2 – target is 50 pages in 2 weeks
Grades 3-5 – target is 100 pages in 2 weeks
Grades 6-8 – target is 150 pages in 2 weeks
Order now with OLW School ID of OUR225 at https://www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks/
Each pack is customized to the teachers of Our Lady Of The Wayside, and will be waiting for students in their classroom when we return to school in August.
Please remember to order NEXT year’s grade level for your student.
Sales tax will be applied at checkout. Please keep your confirmation as your receipt. Thank you!
*Late orders start June 16th – July 7th* (additional shipping charges apply)