Our Lady of the Wayside School is looking for school families and parishioners who want to serve by being part of the 2020-2021 School Advisory Board.
We need people who:
love this school and want to serve to keep it strong
can collaborate and work in subcommittees
have an interest in promoting the school
believe in the foundation of the school
What are the expectations:
you will attend meetings and participate in those meetings
you will be part of one or two subcommittees
you will be a positive ambassador for the school and its mission
What will you get from being part of the School Advisory Board:
knowledge you are helping the school grow and maintain vitality
an understanding of the school as a whole
a greater appreciation for our staff and our parent community and how they work together in the best interests of the students of OLW
An overview of SAB’s roles & responsibilities can be found under Parents tab.
– There are three SAB vacancies for the 2020-2021 school year.
– Any parishioner over the age of 21 may nominate himself or herself. It is not necessary to have a child enrolled in the parish school. A parishioner whose children have graduated is encouraged to nominate himself or herself. The Board will benefit from a diverse membership.
– Nominees do not need to circulate petitions, obtain signatures or do anything other than submit the simple application.
– Complete the official Nomination Application and submit it by the deadline of Friday, March 19th at 7:30pm. The official nomination form is available online and in the Sunday Bulletin. The form may be submitted via email to the Elections Committee Chairperson, Susan Preissing at email@example.com and copied to SAB Chairperson David Schwaner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The annual election of new members to the Our Lady of the Wayside School Advisory Board will be held after Saturday Mass on April 18th and after each Mass on Sunday, April 19th.
2020 SAB Nomination Form
If you have any questions, please contact any current School Advisory Board member:
Susan Preissing, Elections Cmte Chair, 847-567-0979, email@example.com
David Schwaner, SAB Chair, 630-569-5600, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Butcher, abutcher@scopelitis
Suzanne Finucane, email@example.com
Jamie Jackman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Jochaniewicz, email@example.com
Annmarie Lichner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Paine, email@example.com
Marissa Satley, firstname.lastname@example.org