The OLW Family and School Association consists of all school parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and our pastor, acting collectively on behalf of Our Lady of the Wayside School and our children. Active participation and cooperation has been a vital part of the effectiveness of our Family and School Association and has been the foundation of a caring school community.
Our Lady of the Wayside Family and School Association has several purposes. Its primary purpose is to promote communication among parents, guardians, teachers and administrators, with focus on the educational and spiritual development of our children. Additionally, it is to promote
good will and cooperation among parents, administration,
faculty, school board and parish; and to direct and coordinate
parental support for special activities, programs, social events
The bylaws of our OLW Family and School Association can be found by selecting this link: OLW FSA Bylaws
Through the volunteer efforts, the Family and School Association offers numerous services under the following Family and School Board Committees:
- Communication – Coordinates all communications of FSA to school families, parish and community. Oversees the Captains responsible for the school calendar, directory/handbook, school sign, and website liaison.
- Fundraising – Oversees all profit generating events that fund the FSA school gifts including Auction, Trivia Night, Craft Fair, Progressive Party, Supper Club and the annual Barnes and Noble Day. Please refer to the Fundraisers page for more information.
- Hospitality – Arranges for refreshments for various school functions throughout the year. Oversees the Captains responsible for events such as Ice Cream Social, Family Fun Night, and the Welcome Back Coffee.
- All School Services– Coordinates all services performed in school for the students and staff, such as milk, school store, picture day, uniform exchange and student day.
- Early Childhood Services- Oversees and assists with the coordination of events and activities for the Pre-School and Kindergarten students, parents and staff.
- Middle School Services – Oversees and assists with the coordination of events and activities for the Middle School students, parents and staff.
- Student Enrichment – Assists with coordination of the student assemblies and enrichment programs.
- Room Parents – Coordinates Room Parents for each grade/class. Instructs Room Parents on assistance with Pizza Day and room parties.
- School Gifts – Working with the FSA Board and principal, researches and arranges for the purchase of certain FSA approved school gifts.
For a more information on the various volunteer positions for the 2012-2013 school year, please refer to the
Volunteer Opportunities section of the website.
OLW FAMILY & SCHOOL ASSOCIATION BOARD for 2012-2013:
- Father Ed Fialkowski, President
- David Wood, Principal
- Teri Dutka, Chair
- Laura Doherty, Vice Chair
- Mona Russo, Secretary
- Karen Niesman, Treasurer
- Katie Utech, All-School Services
- Kate Schraeder, Communication
- Janet Lynch, Early Childhood Services
- Annette Quick, Fundraising
- Melissa Craig, Hospitality
- Patti Pulikowski, Middle School Services
- Julie Carlucci, Room Parents
- Stacey Corcoran, School Gifts
- Meredith Gierstorf, Student Enrichment
- Loretta Koulias, Teacher Liaison
Family & School Association Board Meeting Dates:
- Monday, September 10, 2012
- Tuesday, October 9, 2012 (Cabrini)
- Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (Cabrini)
- Monday, January 7, 2013
- Tuesday, February 12, 2013 (Neumann Room)
- Monday, March 11, 2013
- Monday, April 8, 2013
- Monday, May 13, 2013 (6:00pm) final meeting of the year
All meetings (unless otherwise stated) are held in the Gathering Place at 7:00 p.m. and are open to OLW school parents, guardians and faculty.